I see WXRJ-94.9FM as a great opportunity for our community to share information, celebrate our rich musical heritage, and promote the values that will help us all succeed.
--Denise Moore, General Manager, WXRJ-94.9FM
2006 WXRJ-LP 94.9 FM is wholly owned and operated by the Black Business Alliance, Inc. (BBA). The BBA is a not-for-profit and tax-exempt organization. It was started in 1997 as a means to provide minority business owners with education on topics important to running a successful business. With the addition of the radio frequency in 2008, our focus on Education was expanded to include Health and Financial Literacy. Our goal is to provide thought provoking topics and exciting music that will be of interest to the entire listening area, with particular focus on those under-served communities within Bloomington / Normal.
- To provide a communication medium that will promote education, health, and financial literacy.
- To provide opportunities for business owners and professionals to network and develop an awareness of businesses and services within the community.
- To develop programs which foster business growth and development
- To educate members regarding economic development opportunities.
- To create an economic power base for businesses to affect positive social, economic, and political change.
- To develop an accessible base of information and expertise for members use.
- To maintain an organizational structure and financial resources to achieve and sustain the vision.